[ovirt-users] Vnc client from windows 10

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Mon Oct 23 14:37:13 UTC 2017

> Hi Gianluca,
>
> I've used the following as a cmd script to parse out the parms from
> the .vv and run
> the ultravnc vncviewer (uvnc.com).

You may want to contribute a wiki page on ovirt.org website with this.

> @setlocal enableextensions enabledelayedexpansion
> @echo off
> set file=%~1
> set area=[virt-viewer]
> set currarea=
> for /f "usebackq delims=" %%a in ("!file!") do (
>     set ln=%%a
>     if "x!ln:~0,1!"=="x[" (
>         set currarea=!ln!
>     ) else (
>         for /f "tokens=1,2 delims==" %%b in ("!ln!") do (
>             set currkey=%%b
>             set currval=%%c
>
>             if "x!area!"=="x!currarea!" if "x!host"=="x!currkey!" (
>                 set host=!currval!
>             )
>
>             set key=port
>             if "x!area!"=="x!currarea!" if "x!currkey!"=="x!port" (
>                 set port=!currval!
>             )
>
>             if "x!area!"=="x!currarea!" if "x!currkey!"=="x!password" (
>                 set password=!currval!
>             )
>
>         )
>
>     )
> )
>
> start "vnc" "vncviewer.exe" !host!:!port! /password "!password!"
> endlocal
>

> Hope that helps.
> -John
>

> On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 10:57 AM, Gianluca Cecchi
> <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I'm trying to have a user connect to the console VM through vnc protocol,
> > but without the virt-viewer application.
> > The client is Windows 10.
> > I have tried some options without success, with tightvnc, ultravnc and
> > realvnc but all of them give error about syntax.
> > Any native client suggested/recommended with windows 10 and oVirt?
> >
> > Tried also noVnc that works from a Linux client and so I'm sure all is
> ok at
> > oVirt side, but from Windows 10 and chrome 61 I imported the certificate
> in
> > trusted root authority but nevertheless I get the error
> >
> > Any hints?
> > Thanks,
> > Gianluca

SANDRO BONAZZOLA

ASSOCIATE MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA ENG VIRTUALIZATION R&D

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>
<https://red.ht/sig>
TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>
<http://www.teraplan.it/redhat-osd-2017/>