[ovirt-users] Testing ansible playbook against a mock engine?

Ondra Machacek omachace at redhat.com
Wed Oct 25 08:15:12 UTC 2017

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 9:40 AM, Luca 'remix_tj' Lorenzetto
<lorenzetto.luca at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i'm planning to create a big standardization playbook for my
> environment to ensure that all the required configs (networks, hosts,
> host's nics and networks....) are correctly set up.
> Since i don't want to test against a running setup, i'd like to spawn
> a transient one for testing.
>
> I already know Lago, but i think is bit overkill for testing an
> ansible playbook.
>
> Is there any tool that creates only an engine instance with some fake
> hosts configured so i can test the playbook against it?

There is an fake vdsm project:

 https://www.ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/vdsm/fake/

but it has only limited functionality, it's listed in the wiki page.
Other than that I am not aware of anything how to achieve that.
The only way is Lago or Vagrant.