[ovirt-users] using oVirt with newer librbd1

Konstantin Shalygin k0ste at k0ste.ru
Wed Oct 25 11:45:04 UTC 2017

On 10/25/2017 03:30 PM, Matthias Leopold wrote:
> we're also using cinder from openstack ocata release.
>
> the point is
> a) we didn't upgrade, but started from scratch with ceph 12
> b) we didn't test all of the new features in ceph 12 (eg. EC pools for
> RBD devices) in connection with cinder yet

Thanks. We use EC pools with replication pull cache - only one way to
use EC with rbd, before Ceph 12.
We are half year on Ceph with oVirt in production. The best storage
experience, the only thing you can find fault this is impossible to move
images between pools. Only manually migration with qemu-img/rados or
cp/rsync inside VM.

--
Best regards,
Konstantin Shalygin