[ovirt-users] ovirtmgmt network security

Istvan Buki buki.istvan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 16:32:43 UTC 2017

Hello ovirt experts,

I'm totally new to ovirt and trying to learn as fast as I can.So, please
bear with me and my possibly stupid questions.
Sorry if my questions have been answered already, but please point me to
the place where I can find the answers.

I've setup ovirt 4.1.6 and created a first VM that I want to expose in a
DMZ.
I attached a dedicated NIC to the VM using passthrough which is connected
to the DMZ network. This is all working as expected.

Now,I'm wondering what to do about the ovirtmgmt interface. Obviously, in
case the security of the VM is compromised and someone get unautorized
access to it I do not want the attacker to have access to my internal
network through the ovirtmgmt interface.

The most secure solution would be to remove that ovirtmgmt interface but
then I loose management functionalities.
Can you suggest the possible solutions to protect the ovirtmgmt network
from unwanted access?

Thanks for your answers

Istvan