[ovirt-users] 3.6 InClusterUpgrade

Kapetanakis Giannis bilias at edu.physics.uoc.gr
Fri Oct 27 10:39:52 UTC 2017

On 25/10/17 09:46, Michal Skrivanek wrote:

> while you are still in 3.6 engine you need to upgrade that Default cluster to 3.6. This requires VMs power cycle to fully update everything.
> only then upgrade to 4.1
>
>> I also want to avoid creating a new cluster with 3.6 version cause then I will have to shutdown all VMs again.
>
> you don’t have to again if you keep 3.6 cluster in 4.1 setup.
>
> Thanks,
> michal

I've already updated my nodes to latest vdsm and Centos 7 by using an intermediate new cluster.
I've live migrated the VMs to the new cluster. Didn't expect that to be available :)

However I couldn't update my old cluster to 3.6 even with no VM running.
It complained that the nodes could make it up to 3.5 only.

Anyway that's old and now I'm in process of migrating the engine to a new el7 host.

thanks