[ovirt-users] HEVM root reset?

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Tue Oct 31 08:00:29 UTC 2017

Hi,
the simplest approach is:

hosted-engine --set-maintenance --mode=global
hosted-engine --vm-shutdown
# wait for it
hosted-engine --vm-start-paused
hosted-engine --add-console-password
# open a vnc or spice console pointing to the VM
# when ready
virsh -c qemu://$(hostname)/system resume HostedEngine
# quickly stop the boot process from the vnc or spice console
# force root password as for a regular el7 system
# shutdown the engine VM
hosted-engine --set-maintenance --mode=none