[ovirt-users] How to start oVirt in GUI

Ryan Barry rbarry at redhat.com
Tue Oct 31 14:10:51 UTC 2017

oVirt Node does not ship with an X server.

The recommended setup path is to install oVirt, then open a web browser and
browse to:

http://ip.address.of.node:9090

And click the "Virtualization" tab after you log in. Use this to configure
oVirt Hosted Engine, and the web console for the Engine will manage
everything which cockpit cannot

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 9:51 AM, Stephen Liu <satimis at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have ovirt-node-ng-installer-ovirt-4.1-2017103006 <(201)%20710-3006>.iso
> installed on KVM as VM.  It is now running but only a console without GUI.
> I can login to run commands.  Copy and Paste between Host and VM is NOT
> working (I suppose because not running on graphic mode).
>
> Please advise how to start GUI oVirt?
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards
> SL

RYAN BARRY

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - TEAM LEAD - RHEV HYPERVISOR

Red Hat NA <https://www.redhat.com/>

rbarry at redhat.com    M: +1-651-815-9306     IM: rbarry
<https://red.ht/sig>