[ovirt-users] vm grouping

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Sat Sep 2 07:59:34 UTC 2017

On 1 September 2017 at 19:01, david caughey <djc636 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any help or hints would be appreciated,

oVirt does not have a built-in grouping mechanism.

You can use Ansible [1] to automate the creation of several VMs
together. Another possible solution is Vagrant oVirt provider [2].

You need to watch for any resources that are shared between the
different groups of VMs, you will probably share a network at the very
lest, so you will need to be careful about allocation of IPs and host
names.

You can try using the Newton integration [3] to provide layers
networks that are not shared. The is also built-in OVS support, but
AFAIK its not yet mature enough.

As a side note, since we were not willing to have any resources share
between different oVirt instances in the oVirt CI system, we ended up
creating Lago [4], which keeps everything confined to a single
physical host.

[1]: https://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/infra/ansible_modules/
[2]: https://www.ovirt.org/blog/2017/02/using-oVirt-vagrant/
[3]: https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/how-to/networking/overlay-networks-with-neutron-integration/