[ovirt-users] Failed to import the Hosted Engine Storage Domain

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Mon Sep 4 08:15:41 UTC 2017

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 10:16 AM, Arsène Gschwind
<arsene.gschwind at unibas.ch> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A while ago I had some problem with hosted-engine network which wasn't set
> correctly at deploy time, so I finally decided to redeploy the hosted engine
> in the hope the network will be set correctly this time. I've followed this
> procedure:
>
> Stop all VMs
> Full backup of HE DB and export to safe place
> Cleanup HE storage following https://access.redhat.com/solutions/2121581
> Reboot Hosts
> Re-deploy HE until DB recovery
> Recover DB adding the following param:
>  --he-remove-storage-vm             Removes the hosted-engine storage
> domain, all its entities and the hosted-engine VM during restore.
>  --he-remove-hosts                  Removes all the hosted-engine hosts
> during restore.
>
> Finalize HE deployment.
>
> Everything did run without errors and I'm able to access Web UI.
>
> But now I don't see my HE VM and its respective Storage Domain, the logs
> says it isn't able to import it. I see all other SD and I'm able to manage
> my VMs as before.
>
> Please find attached engine.log

I think this is your problem:

2017-09-04 03:26:14,272+02 INFO
[org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.storage.domain.AddExistingBlockStorageDomainCommand]
(org.ovirt.thread.pool-6-thread-24) [2383eaa0] There are existing luns
in the system which are part of VG id
'vvIoS2-fZTZ-99Ox-Ltzq-pr8U-SL2z-wbTU8g'

> Thanks for any help to resolve that issue.

I guess you can try to remove this disk/lun from the engine and let it retry.

If the only disk is of the hosted-engine, I guess it should have been
removed by '--he-remove-storage-vm' - if so, please open a bug
describing your flow in detail. Thanks.

Best,

> Arsène
>
> --
>
> Arsène Gschwind
> Fa. Sapify AG im Auftrag der Universität Basel
> IT Services
> Klingelbergstr. 70 |  CH-4056 Basel  |  Switzerland
> Tel. +41 79 449 25 63  |  http://its.unibas.ch
> ITS-ServiceDesk: support-its at unibas.ch | +41 61 267 14 11

Didi