[ovirt-users] V4.1 questions

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Thu Sep 14 14:08:55 UTC 2017

On Thursday, September 14, 2017 8:56:05 AM EDT Colin Coe wrote:
> Hi Ryan and thanks for the quick reply.
>
> This is an entirely new system, no VM, no nothing.  This was built for
> testing v4.1.  I'll log a case with GSS on this if it  is not normal.
>
> Bit confiused, so what do I need to do for the Installation -> Check for
> Upgrades to work in RHV-M?  I'm using an old RHEV-H 7.1 image for the
> hypervisors so there should definitely be an upgrade available.
>
> Also, any thoughts on the webUI timeout?

Default logout timeout is 30 minutes. You can configure this using engine-
config

For instance:

engine-config -g UserSessionTimeoutInterval will return 30

you can change it using engine-config as well for instance

engine-config -s UserSessionTimeoutInterval=60 will set it to 1 hour.

If logging is taking a long time and the UI is not very responsive you
probably have one or more of the following:

The engine is running in a VM and there is not enough entropy (logging in
takes a long time).
The DNS/rDNS is not configured properly and the engine cannot resolve itself
(Sluggish UI, things take 30-60 seconds to happen in UI)