[ovirt-users] Hosted engine setup question

Demeter Tibor tdemeter at itsmart.hu
Tue Sep 19 06:31:21 UTC 2017

Hi,

I just installed a hosted engine based four nodes cluster to glustered storage.
It seems to working fine, but I have some question about it.

- I would like to make an own cluster and datacenter. Is it possible to remove a host and re-add to an another cluster while it is running the hosted engine?
- Is it possible to remove default datacenter without any problems?

- I have a productive ovirt cluter that is based on 3.5 series. It is using a shared nfs storage. Is it possible to migrate VMs from 3.5 to 4.1 with detach shared storage from the old cluster and attach it to the new cluster?
- If yes what will happend with the VM properies? For example mac addresses, limits, etc. Those will be migrated or not?

Thanks in advance,
Regard

Tibor