[ovirt-users] Odp: Re: How to upgrade self-hosted engine?

Johan Bernhardsson johan at kafit.se
Wed Sep 20 12:52:32 UTC 2017

If you follow that guide it will update everything on the virtual server
running the engine. You should not run yum to upgrade the packages
(correct me anyone if i am wrong about this)

The engine-setup will download and install the packages for you.

And on the nodes  upgrade first via the web interface and after that you
can upgrade with yum on the nodes. Don't forget to have the node in
maintence mode when you run yum update

/Johan
> Thanks. What about the system itself?
>
> Is yum update enough?
>
>  Dnia 20 września 2017 13:25 Johan Bernhardsson <johan at kafit.se>
> napisał(a):
>
>> Follow this guide if it is between minor releases
>>

> https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/upgrade-guide/chap-Updates_between_Minor_Releases/
>>

>> Don't forget to send the hosted-engine to global maintenance
>>
>> /Johan
>>
>> On September 20, 2017 13:11:41 gabriel_skupien at o2.pl wrote:
>>
>>> In oVirt Engine Web Administration portal I can see option to
>>> upgrade the nodes but can't see any option to upgrade
>>> hosted-engine itself?
>>>
>>> What is the recommended procedure for it?

Security all the way ...

Linux/CMS/Network/Print/Virtualisation/VoIP Consultant

Kafit AB
Orgnr:  556792-5945
Mobile: +46705111751
Sweden: +46101993005