[ovirt-users] VM won't start if a Cinder disk is attached

Luca 'remix_tj' Lorenzetto lorenzetto.luca at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 10:00:06 UTC 2017

I see only this traceback:

2017-09-22 09:23:13,094+0200 ERROR (jsonrpc/2) [jsonrpc.JsonRpcServer]
Internal server error (__init__:577)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yajsonrpc/__init__.py", line
572, in _handle_request
    res = method(**params)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/rpc/Bridge.py", line
198, in _dynamicMethod
    result = fn(*methodArgs)
  File "/usr/share/vdsm/API.py", line 1454, in getAllVmIoTunePolicies
    io_tune_policies_dict = self._cif.getAllVmIoTunePolicies()
  File "/usr/share/vdsm/clientIF.py", line 454, in getAllVmIoTunePolicies
    'current_values': v.getIoTune()}
  File "/usr/share/vdsm/virt/vm.py", line 2859, in getIoTune
    result = self.getIoTuneResponse()
  File "/usr/share/vdsm/virt/vm.py", line 2878, in getIoTuneResponse
    res = self._dom.blockIoTune(
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/virt/virdomain.py", line
47, in __getattr__
    % self.vmid)
NotConnectedError: VM u'1fa7225c-7d60-4617-ab65-f7b6fea0357f' was not
started yet or was shut down

I've absolutely no idea what blockIoTune does and if it is related.
Maybe someone with more experience about this setup can help.

Luca 'remix_tj' Lorenzetto, http://www.remixtj.net , <lorenzetto.luca at gmail.com>