[ovirt-users] Restoring from backup

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Mon Sep 25 06:05:53 UTC 2017

On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 10:46 PM, Tyson Landon
<tlandon at ontario.k12.or.us> wrote:
> The final setup in restoring a backup has you run engine-setup. When I try
> to run engine-setup I get "[ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Setup
> validation': Hosted Engine setup detected, but Global Maintenance is not
> set."

Which version? This should not happen in 4.1. If earlier, perhaps consider
upgrading? Also check recent thread in this list 'Engine
Backup/Restore Question'.

> I am in Global Maintenance mode however.

You should be in Global maintenance during backup.
During restore, the error you get is based on a test against the
db contents only, not actual processes.

> If I exit Global Maintenance
> the hosted engine reboots every few minutes and it fails liveliness checks.

Right.

> Is there a service i have to stop so that the setup wont think HA is
> running?

Best,
--
Didi