[ovirt-users] Preventing VM's from starting on specific Hosts

Martin Sivak msivak at redhat.com
Wed Sep 27 09:09:28 UTC 2017

Hi,

> This is a rather old release and we encourage everyone to upgrade.
> Specifically, have you looked at affinity labels in recent versions of
> oVirt?

Labels only support presence check (a host with label can host
labelled VMs). We currently do not have rules for the absence of label
(a VM with no label can still run on a labelled host).

This is not a hard RFE to do for Affinity groups, but we would need
proper request for it in bugzilla.

The current implementation expects a custom label / affinity group
management service that maintains rules like this over REST.

Best regards

Martin Sivak