[ovirt-users] changing ip of host and its ovirtmgmt vlan

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 09:22:05 UTC 2017

Hello,
an host not maintained by me was modified so that its mgmt network had
become ovirtmgmntZ2Z3.
Originally the host had been added into engine with its hostname and not
its ip and this simplifies things.
So a dns entry change was done while the host was in maintenance
(as far as I have understood...)
The guy changed the /etc/sysconfig/netowrk-scripts/ files and apparently it
was activated ok, but when host rebooted the config was reverted due to
persistence of vdsm.

As he had urgence for this host to become operational again, in the mean
time I worked like this, having now a working host:

- modified /etc/sysconfig/network/scripts files with the new required
configuration
- modified files under /var/lib/vdsm/persistence/netconf/nets/
eg the file ovirtmgmntZ2Z3 with its ip and vlan correct information

sync

then power off / power on host

The host comes up good and as it had been peviously put into maintenance,
it was able to be activated and power on some VMs.

Can I consider this workflow ok or is there any ip/network information of
the host stored into engine db or other parts on engine or hosts?

I have then a question for the ovirtmgmt logical network itself, but I will
open a new thread for it...

Thanks in advance,
Gianluca