[ovirt-users] Start VM automatically

Christopher Cox ccox at endlessnow.com
Mon Feb 26 23:42:19 UTC 2018

On 02/26/2018 05:33 PM, Fabrice SOLER wrote:
> Hi Hanson,
>
> Thank you for your answer, but the routeur is a VM.
>
> So I need that this VM start without the engine. It has to start when
> the node start (after a power failure).
>
> Only when the routeur will be up, I will be able to manage the node and
> the VMs.
>
> Do you think there a solution ?

Obviously this a bit more "chicken-and-egg" than running a hosted
engine.  Even if there was a "start automatically" sort of thing, this
is still going to be fraught with potential issues, because almost
anything could happen to prevent the "router vm" from starting.

I think you've created a fairly high risk scenario.

In other words, even if you got this working, I wouldn't trust it.

Just my opinion.  At a minimum I'd pull the "router" out of the VM
stack.  Now, you could have a separate hypervisor cluster stack for the
router, just don't put it's mgmt engine (separate engine req'd) behind
the router :-)