[ovirt-users] ovirt-guest-agent.service has broken in Debian 8 virtual machines after updates hosts to 4.2

Milan Zamazal mzamazal at redhat.com
Mon Jan 8 17:10:06 UTC 2018

Алексей Максимов <aleksey.i.maksimov at yandex.ru> writes:

> # wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/o/ovirt-guest-agent/ovirt-guest-agent_1.0.13.dfsg-2_all.deb
> # apt-get install gir1.2-glib-2.0 libdbus-glib-1-2 libgirepository-1.0-1 libpango1.0-0 libuser1 python-dbus python-dbus-dev python-ethtool python-gi qemu-guest-agent usermode
> # dpkg -i ~/packages/ovirt-guest-agent_1.0.13.dfsg-2_all.deb

Yes, right, you need newer ovirt-guest-agent version, so to install it
from testing.

I filed a Debian bug asking for a backport of the package for stable:
https://bugs.debian.org/886661

> # udevadm trigger --subsystem-match="virtio-ports"
>
> # systemctl restart ovirt-guest-agent.service

Yes, alternatively you can reboot the VM, whatever is easier :-).

However the package should do it itself, I think there is a bug in its
installation script, so I filed another bug against the package:
https://bugs.debian.org/886660

> Now the service is working.
> But I do not know if it's the right way :(

Yes, it is.

Regards,
Milan