[ovirt-users] ovirt 4.2 upgrade questions

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Tue Jan 9 08:35:18 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 10:13 AM, Peter Hudec <phudec at cnc.sk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> maybe it was already here, but I haven't found it quickly in archive ;(
>
> I upgrade the hosted engine and one hots, my notes and questions.
> The upgrade goes well, I only needed to manually fix the memy value in
> database for hosted engine
>
> [ ERROR ] schema.sh: FATAL: Cannot execute sql command:
> --file=/usr/share/ovirt-engine/dbscripts/upgrade/04_
> 02_0140_add_max_memory_constraint.sql
> [ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Misc configuration': Engine schema
> refresh failed

You mean you changed something in the db and then ran engine-setup again
and it worked?

Can you please share both setup logs and the change you made in between?
Thanks.

> 1) firewalld
> after upgrade the hot server, the i needed to stop firewalld. It seems,
> that, the rules are not generated correctly. The engine was not able to
> connect to the host. How do I could fix it?

Please check/share relevant files from /var/log/ovirt-engine/ansible/
and /var/log/ovirt-engine/host-deploy/ . Or perhaps file a bug and
attach them there.

> 2) old repo removal
> Could i remove the 4.1 repo? If yes, what is the best way to do that?

I think 'yum remove ovirt-release41', or remove the relevant files in
/etc/yum.repos.d.

> 3) Hosted Engine HA:
> Hosted Engine HA on upgraded hosts is 3400, the same as on the 4.1
> hosts. Is this good or bad?

It's good.

Best regards,

>         regards