[ovirt-users] OVS not running / logwatch error after upgrade from 4.0.6 to 4.1.8

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Fri Jan 19 16:44:56 UTC 2018

Hi,
I recently upgraded my 1-host ovirt deployment from 4.0.6 to 4.1.8.
Since then, the host has been reporting a cron.daily error:

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:

logrotate_script: line 4: cd: /var/run/openvswitch: No such file or directory

This isn't surprising, since:

# systemctl status openvswitch
● openvswitch.service - Open vSwitch
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/openvswitch.service; disabled;
vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)

The host was just upgraded by "yum update".
Was there anything special that needed to happen after the update?
Do I *NEED* OVS running?
The VMs all seem to be behaving properly.

Thanks,

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745