[ovirt-users] oVirt and Oracle Linux support

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Mon May 7 16:19:05 UTC 2018

> On 3 May 2018, at 11:40, Simon Coter <simon.coter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to this ML.
> I started to play a bit with oVirt and I saw that you actually support RH and CentOS.
> Is there any plan to also support Oracle Linux ?

nope

why would you want to use OL? Supposing you do not want to run it together with Oracle server.
If you want to pay for OS buy RHEL, at least those $ would be used to improve oVirt;-)

> I had to fight so much to get everything on OL correctly running.

yeah, it’s probably doable if you mix it with centos packages manually
probably not worth the effort maintaining it

Thanks,
michal