[Workshop-nov2011] hotel questions, status

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Oct 10 20:02:33 UTC 2011

We've got an offer for a reasonable rate for a group, which includes
guaranteed rooms, of $140/night at the Crowne Plaza[1]. For that rate,
they want us to guarantee to book at least 80% of the block we
reserve.

You may still need to send me travel details, see below.

Full details:

Until Red Hat signs that contract, I won't have a code to book
under. For me to recommend that we sign that contract, I need to know
exactly who is going to be using the group rate so we only reserve
what we need.

I've been gathering details from all of you about when you need hotel
rooms. For those who haven't sent me all these details (directly),
please do so immediately:

* What nights do you need a hotel room?
* Will you agree to book under our group at the Crowne Plaza?

I know some of you may have individual traveller rates you'd rather
book under, either at that or a different hotel, so I just need to
know if you want to book under our rate or not. The main advantage is
that the rooms are guaranteed held for us. (I did a test booking, for
example, and couldn't get all the nights I wanted, probably because
they have the block of rooms already held for us!)

For overflow, we've got the Hilton on Great America Pkwy. It's a few
miles away from Cisco by light rail. They also have a Cisco individual
traveller rate we might be able to use

- Karsten

[1] http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/milpitas/sfomp/hoteldetail

team:   Red Hat Community Architecture & Leadership
uri:             http://communityleadershipteam.org
                        http://TheOpenSourceWay.org