On 6/5/2014 10:53 AM, Paul Clarke
new user of Kimchi, with first impressions)
Global product 'help' and 'about' should be visible all the time at
Is there a good location for documentation?
Design should be changed as below and move 'help' and 'about'
content below help menu.
It seems difficult to make a new ISO available, or I chose a poor
- I downloaded from an FTP site requiring non-anonymous
- I scp'd it to root@host
- I tried to use it from there, but I got permission denied
"KCHISO0008E: The hypervisor doesn't have permission to use this
- the message above recommends copying the file to
/var/lib/libvirt, but I think you actually have to copy it to
- you also need to "chown qemu" the ISO image
After the above steps, it finally became visible and usable.
For current kimchi security model design,
root users on behalf of console administrator, they are responsible
1. host setup for virtualization infrastructure and console
2. virtualization resources setup
I think this process should be streamlined for better user
I recommend to make "chown qemu" transparent with kimchi to handle
should be controlled by user.
- The above error message appears as a bright pop-over with a nice
'X' for dismissing, but it automatically disappears so quickly,
it's impossible to read the entire message
- in the "Edit Template" dialog, what is "CPU Number"? I presume
that is "number of (virtual) processors"?
- in the "Edit Template" dialog, what are the units for "Memory"?
It is apparently megabytes, but that should be noted
Paul Clarke, IBM
Kimchi-devel mailing list