Some guidelines for bugzilla usage

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Sat Nov 12 00:44:41 UTC 2011

oVirt is utilizing the bugzilla instance at bugzilla.redhat.com for all
oVirt sub-projects.

The bug list can be seen here:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?product=oVirt

Using Red Hat's bugzilla server just means one less infrastructure
component to maintain, which is a good thing.  But I wanted to set up
some guidelines for how we use bugzilla to make sure we keep the project
as open as possible.

In Red Hat bugzilla, Red Hat employees can make comments private and
also set flags that restrict visibility of bugs to certain internal groups.

Because we're using this bugzilla instance for an open source project,
we should _never_ be using the capability to set private comments or set
internal private groups.

No one is doing this, to my knowledge, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to
make sure the ground-rules are laid down clearly for everyone.

Cheers,

Perry