Release Managers for oVirt

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Wed Nov 16 18:58:46 UTC 2011

On the board call today, we discussed getting a release schedule nailed
down (in the works) and also the need to nominate someone to own the
release management.

It was suggested that there be the following roles for oVirt release mgmt:

* overall oVirt project release manager, responsible for coordinate
  with all of the sub-projects to drive a unified release of the entire
  stack for a given point release

* per project release manager/owner that is responsible for putting out
  updates for a given sub-project and will work closely with the global
  release manager on overall releases

If folks think that idea is sound, then the next step is to get
volunteers/nominations for who should be the release manager (at least
for the time being, this position might shift from person to person over
time)

The second thing is for each sub-project to nominate a point person for
sub-project release mgmt.  We can then put on a wiki page who the
overall release manager is for a given release.  The release managers
for each sub-project probably can be called out on the projects page on
ovirt.org

Nominations/Volunteers?

Perry