First community release

Carl Trieloff cctrieloff at redhat.com
Tue Nov 29 18:14:48 UTC 2011

On 11/29/2011 12:58 PM, Barak Azulay wrote:

> I think we should aim for a fast first release, meaning ASAP on jboss 5
>
> The questions are:
>
> 1 - what is a release? a tag in all the repos to be picked up by each
> distro ?
> 2 - do we have any criteria on what is good enough for a release ? or
> any point in time that everybody feels ready?

I would say a release needs to be at least.

1. a tag in the repos
2. tars posted on the site for easy download, build and install, with
instructions.
3. these tars have basically been tested.
4. optional binary builds for different distros linked from the release page
5. a set of any relevant release notes.

Carl.