Updates for the Fedora feature page

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Mon Apr 2 15:04:43 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

Hi,

The feature is marked as targeting F17, my question was if (as listed) a number of packages have not yet been approved should it be changed to target F18 as the feature freeze for F17 was some time ago now. I am aware that there are no technical limitations to pushing packages into releases right up until they go EOL, but it is meant to be done with consideration for the updates policy. I'm not sure that is appropriate for something that has been proposed via the feature process to be pushed in this way (perhaps a question best asked on fedora-devel).

As a side note as the feature appeared to be incomplete it is not mentioned in the release notes for Fedora 17, if we move to targeting F18 then - assuming it gets completed - it would appear in the release notes for that release.

Steve