oVirt 3.1 targeted release platform

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 20:29:41 UTC 2012

On 04/04/2012 03:41 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 01:14:15PM -0400, Carl Trieloff wrote:
>>

>> From a users perspective, it would be best for it to work on both 16 &
>> 17 for a period of time.
>
> I believe that this makes "it" a "them" - at lease for vdsm this would
> require two rpms built and QAed. I hope we can avoid that, and release
> only one stack, preferably over f17.

What if we got virt-preview updated again so that it contained the right
packages so that the same version of vdsm would work on both:

* f16 + virt_preview
* f17

Then we can have oVirt Node built based on f16 + virt_preview for now,
and eventually move to pure f17.

Dave/Cole, is updating virt-preview something you guys can help with?

Perry