code sign-off/DCO for ovirt projects

Ryan Harper ryanh at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 6 15:00:15 UTC 2012

Re-sending this to arch as in our meeting this week we agreed[1] no reason
to not implement DCO (http://kerneltrap.org/files/Jeremy/DCO.txt) but
that we needed to enlist the maintainers to work out enforcement.

1. http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/arch/2012-April/000433.html

----- Forwarded message from Ryan Harper <ryanh at us.ibm.com> -----

From: Ryan Harper <ryanh at us.ibm.com>
Subject: code sign-off/DCO for ovirt projects
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 14:59:40 -0500
To: board at ovirt.org

I see that this was discussed in the past on the board list[1] and there
didn't seem to be any disagreement with doing DCO sign-off for code
contributions.  However, not all of the ovirt projects are doing
DCO/Sign-off.  There are a few commits in vdms.git that have a SoB,
ovirt-node seems to be using DCO completely.  Nothing in ovirt-engine
either.  I didn't check all of the ovirt subprojects, but I think
it's safe to assume that's not being applied across all of the
projects consistently.

Can we get that added to the commit process for these projects moving
forward? Is there anything else needed beyond maintainers enforcing the
need for SoB in patches?

1. http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/board/2011-October/000168.html

--
Ryan Harper