[Engine-devel] Maven 3 here we come!

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Wed Apr 18 14:12:06 UTC 2012

Hi Laszlo,
Sure.

As I said, the code already works well with Maven 3,
so no need for further changes.

What Asaf (CC'd) discovered is a corner case of failure,
when trying to start from scratch. This means there's
no local maven repo, and Maven start fetching the
artifacts. One of the GWT artifacts is being fetched,
but then maven reports an error and fails.
When retrying it will succeed. So we need to sort this
out in order to prevent such failures on new environments.

Other than that the code should be fine, and wiki's should
be updated, as well as current development setups.

Once we finish this initial move, we may consider Maven 3's
biggest feature- parallel build[1] !!!
But we need to finish step one (move to mvn3) in order to get there ;)

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/MAVEN/parallel-builds-in-maven-3.html

On 18/04/12 16:46, Laszlo Hornyak wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I like the idea.
> Could you share some the changes you plan to do to move to maven 3?
>
> Thank you,
> Laszlo

/d

"Common sense is not so common." --Voltaire, Dictionnaire Philosophique (1764)