[Workshop-pc] RFC: oVirt NetApp workshop Call for Content

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Dec 5 20:32:18 UTC 2012

On 12/04/2012 05:33 AM, Leslie Hawthorn wrote:
> On 12/04/2012 05:25 AM, Dave Neary wrote:
>>
>> I was suggestiong changing this - I don't think it's very nice, when
>> you're sending a proposal for a presentation, to get a message saying
>> "this email is being held in moderation". Can we change the moderation
>> email to say "Thank you for your submission, we will get back to you
>> shortly"? Otherwise, I would suggest that we not moderate email posted
>> to the list, while retaining moderated membership and private archives.
> Ah, thank you for the context. I am in complete agreement with you.
> Regarding changing the list autoreply re: moderation, I can imagine this
> is possible but Karsten would know better.

IIRC, it's set on this page:

http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/admin/workshop-pc/privacy/sender
http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/admin/workshop-pc/?VARHELP=privacy/sender/member_moderation_notice

Since I had the page open I went ahead and pasted in the above
suggestion from Dave.

It's y'all's mailing list, but IMO private archives, moderated incoming
email, and a nice moderation message should be sufficient. Also, the
first time you pass through an email from someone, be sure to add them
to the 'accept_these_members' list (with the flag in the moderation
interface.)

Currently, 'accept_these_members' has ^.* in the top, a regular
expression that should accept all incoming email. I just tested that,
and it works. Currently, all incoming emails are just accepted. If you
want to change that, remove the '^.*' regexp from the top of the
'accept_these_members' field. This is findable on the same
privacy/sender page as above.

- Karsten