Upgrading to libvirt 1.0.0

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Thu Dec 13 13:26:50 UTC 2012

Hi,
in [1] you can see a list of code changes introduced to this libvirt version,
after some thinking was done in the area of CPU tuning.

This actually resolves an issue we saw this week, which causes a VM to be
killed by libvirt, if only partial cpu-pinning is specified in the UI.

For example, assume a guest with 2 vCPUs running on a host with 4 pCPUs.
The pinning the user specified is: 0#2, which means vCPU 0 should be pinned
to pCPU 2. Running this VM will cause libvirt to start the VM and immediately
kill it.

libvirt 1.0.0 seems to have this fixed, so I suggest vdsm should require
this version.

Thanks,
Doron

[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2012-October/msg00535.html