oVirt's Next Release

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Wed Feb 8 22:46:48 UTC 2012

Of Ofer Schreiber
> Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 18:05 PM
> To: arch at ovirt.org
> Subject: oVirt's Next Release
>
> The First release of oVirt is (almost) out, so we should talk about the
next release.

> Please share your thoughts about:
> 1. Release Date
> 2. Release Criteria (affecting #1)
>
> Hopefully, we will have a formal vote about those suggestion in the next
weekly meeting.

iirc, we discussed timely releases every 6 months, with an exception for
the first one of 3 months.
So I think a may-ish release would make sense.
Maybe increase the quality bar a bit by feature freezing master branch for
2 or 4 weeks, then branching and cherry-picking show-stoppers.
(concept of freezing master branch can be decided later. If not, it means
more cherry-picking for bug fixes to version branch. I think a 2-4 weeks
of feature freeze after 2 months of development is reasonable even on
master branch).