Some thoughts on enhancing High Availability in oVirt

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Thu Feb 9 16:55:00 UTC 2012

> I think we first need to look at the larger question of policy engine at
> ovirt-engine. the two main candidates are pacemaker and drools (jboss
> rules).
> pacemaker for having logic in the area.
> drools for having easier java integration and integrated UI to create
> policies by users.

Agreed, as I mentioned in my email they're interrelated

i.e. if you're going to use Pacemaker's policy engine then it absolutely
makes sense to just go with Pacemaker Cloud, since that's precisely what
it does (uses the core Pacemaker PE)

OTOH, if you decide to use drools, then it may make more sense to
integrate the HA concepts directly into the drools PE and then the only
other thing you can leverage would be the library that does the
monitoring of services at the end points.