Some thoughts on enhancing High Availability in oVirt

Andrew Beekhof abeekhof at redhat.com
Thu Feb 9 23:26:01 UTC 2012

Resending as a link instead of attachment since I blew past the mailing
list's size limit.

On 10/02/12 3:49 AM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> I think we first need to look at the larger question of policy engine at
> ovirt-engine. the two main candidates are pacemaker and drools (jboss
> rules).
> pacemaker for having logic in the area.
> drools for having easier java integration and integrated UI to create
> policies by users.

Linking to a previous PE/Drools comparison I did.  Should be reasonably
current.

tl;dr - the Policy Engine is totally awesome /and/ makes coffee!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/363965/RHEV%20Rules%20Engine%20Analysis.pdf

-- Andrew