freenode vs. oftc

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Wed Feb 29 16:38:44 UTC 2012

On 02/29/2012 11:36 AM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> On 02/29/2012 10:26 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
>> On 02/29/2012 09:22 AM, Perry Myers wrote:
>>> Now that we've gotten #ovirt at freenode unblocked and reopened...
>>>
>>> Thoughts on making freenode our primary channel and deprecating the oftc
>>> #ovirt channel?
>>>
>>> Many of our other related projects are on freenode (vdsm for example),
>>> and so we're sort of an outlier by being on oftc.  Consolidation on a
>>> single irc network may be desirable.
>>
>> #virt (for libvirt, virt-manager) is still stuck on oftc; any way we can
>> chase down claiming that channel as well?
>
> #qemu recently moved to oftc.

Didn't realize this...

> Getting admin support on freenode is much harder than it is on oftc.
> That was our primary reason for moving.

Yes, we've seen this too

Maybe it makes sense for vdsm to move to oftc and then we can
consolidate there?  I don't have an preference really between fn and
oftc, but think it's generally useful to have the related projects share
the same irc network.

Since kvm, libvirt and ovirt are all on oftc, moving vdsm might make
more sense