[Users] Following Up on LinuxCon Japan Workshop

Leslie Hawthorn lhawthor at redhat.com
Thu Jun 14 19:11:43 UTC 2012

On 06/14/2012 04:18 AM, Mike Burns wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-06-13 at 23:59 -0700, Leslie Hawthorn wrote:
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> Thanks for your detailed feedback.
>>
>> On 06/13/2012 04:41 PM, Mike Burns wrote:
>>> - Audience Participation
>>> How many attendees? How did the Q&A periods go? Would we like to prepare
>>> a post-event attendee survey? (I recommend we do the survey and can
>>> prepare some questions for the group if that's useful.)
>>> I think we should prepare the survey in advance of the next workshop and
>>> ask people to fill it out during the workshop, rather than coming back a
>>> couple weeks after the fact.
>> I have an attendee list from the Linux Foundation for each workshop, so
>> if we'd like to get the survey out this week it can happen. I believe I
>> can also find a resource to translate the survey into Japanese, though
>> that would mean a delay in sending it out.
>>
>> Some suggested questions, I'd pare down to no more than 5.
>> - What was your favorite talk?
>> - What could we do to improve?
>> - Were the talks too long? Too short?
>> - Was the presentation material clear to you?
>> - Are you currently using or interested in using oVirt?
>> - Are you interested in contributing to the oVirt community?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> LH
>>

> If you think it's worth it, then go for it.  Feedback is always good.

I definitely think it's worth it and the Linux Foundation has graciously
agreed to include our questions in their post-event attendee survey.
Here are the questions we've asked, along with a request to the LF to
help us word the text in such a way that it is clear to attendees who do
not speak English as their first language:

oVirt:
Did you attend the oVirt workshop?
If yes:
1) What talk(s) were most useful to you?
2) What can we do to improve the workshop?
3) Was the presentation material clear to you?
4) Are you or your organization currently using or interested in using
oVirt?
5) Would you like to contribute to the oVirt community?

I will collate the feedback from the survey and share it with everyone
once it is collected.

Cheers,
LH

--