[Users] Following Up on LinuxCon Japan Workshop

Leslie Hawthorn lhawthor at redhat.com
Fri Jun 15 16:44:40 UTC 2012

On 06/13/2012 05:17 PM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:

> On 06/13/2012 04:41 PM, Mike Burns wrote:
>
>> Our room was setup with 5 round tables seating 10 people each.  I'm
>> not sure that it was really the right layout.  I expected either
>> rows of chairs or long tables with chairs all facing the
>> presentation screen.
> I'd like to hear more about what didn't work or could have improved
> with this setup. It sounds similar to a setup Leslie, Jason, and I
> looked at for a workshop at NetApp next year. At the time, it seemed
> like a fairly ideal setup in some ways - everyone can view the
> presenter but things are less classroom-like and more communal. (IIRC,
> the setup there includes a few additional siderooms setup as long
> tables and chairs facing one end of the room.)

+1

I have heard very good feedback about rounds for workshops in the past
in terms of helping attendees hold better informal conversations and to
help each other along when parts of the material were difficult for
them. Whatever layout we choose, I want to ensure it's optimal for
oVirt's needs.

Cheers,
LH

--