oVirt Workshop at LinuxCon North America

Leslie Hawthorn lhawthor at redhat.com
Thu Jun 21 22:25:26 UTC 2012

On 06/21/2012 02:07 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 06/21/2012 11:44 PM, Mike Burns wrote:
>> On Thu, 2012-06-21 at 13:31 -0700, Leslie Hawthorn wrote:
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> Following up from this week's IRC meeting, we've asked the Linux
>>> Foundation to replicate the agenda from LinuxCon Japan on the LC North
>>> America site. That's in process, but they'd like us to get the names
>>> and
>>> bios of our confirmed speakers to them no later than next Wednesday, 27
>>> June 2012.
>>>
>>> I'll leave it to everyone to wrangle about who would like to speak and
>>> cover particular sessions. My goal with this workshop is to have a more
>>> diverse speaker line up, so please do volunteer if you're attending
>>> LinuxCon North America and would be willing to lead a session(s).
>>>
>>> [0] -
>>> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon-japan/ovirt-gluster-workshops
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> LH
>>>

>> I will be there for the workshop to do the node presentation.  I can
>> also help with the overview and demo.
>>
>> Are there people from the engine team and vdsm teams planning to go?
>
> leslie - I suggest polling for other suggestions for sessions as well.
> maybe someone working with ovirt, or extending it, or developing
> something interesting for a future use case would want to cover it in
> the workshop.

Agreed that this would be most welcome - I sent off the agenda from LC
Japan to the Linux Foundation so we had something to display on the
conference site to encourage folks to register.

What are topics that the other list members would like to see us
present? Present themselves?

As Mike stated earlier, LinuxCon North America takes place in San Diego,
California, US on 29-31 August. The oVirt workshop takes place the day
before the conference proper begins, on Tuesday, 28 August.

--
Leslie Hawthorn
Community Action and Impact

identi.ca/lh