New Role Proposal in the oVirt Project

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Wed Sep 5 14:57:04 UTC 2012

Given some of the difficulties we've had recently with planning and
getting releases pulled together, I'd like to propose we have a new role
in the Project.

Project Manager

Responsibilities:

Maintain Schedule
Run weekly meeting
Coordinate with project maintainers on dates, features, etc
Ensure that docs and release materials are ready for release
Final say on what goes into a release
Tracking new features
Tracking action items

This person should be empowered to make decisions for the project (based
on input from maintainers, but final call is theirs).

As for choosing this person, it could be done via general election on
email or an IRC meeting.  I'd suggest having someone do it for a limited
timeline, maybe 2 or 3 releases, max, then someone else takes over.

Any thoughts, suggestions, comments?

Thanks

Mike