Call for Agenda Items -- oVirt Weekly Meeting 2012-09-19

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Tue Sep 18 14:25:08 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 09/18/2012 01:48 PM, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> Results usually vary, but it might be worth trying to have meetings;
> there are other activities which don't necessarily require the presence
> of the folks in Israel.  I've found that using holiday-ish times is
> usually good for things like brainstorming, finding easy fix-it items,
> etc; "top 5 wiki pages that need love," analyzing data/statistics on
> downloads from a new release.

That's a good point - we would need a different agenda to focus the
meetings and help people decide if they should be there.

> These things are always difficult; it's less exciting to have not as
> many folks in the meeting, and sometimes not incredibly productive, but
> I always feel like I'm somehow discouraging/disenfranchising people in
> other regions when cancelling meetings because of local holidays.  I
> usually try to just keep the pulse going and try and bring in other
> folks to do some fun stuff that may be more enticing than usual :)

Yes, fair point - it's the wrong thing to do, and the wrong message to
send. Let's maintain it - we can certainly have anopther meeting re the
website redesign (Garrett's been working on a MediaWiki theme for a
couple of weeks now) and release management, as you suggest.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary