the new oVirt website: live preview!

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Thu Sep 20 06:17:39 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 03:38:26PM +0200, Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 09:56:46AM +0200, Garrett LeSage wrote:
> > Check out the new site here: http://mediawiki-garrett.rhcloud.com/
> >
> > I've turned the Inkscape mockups into a real, working website,
> > powered by MediaWiki.
>
> Awesome job to base it on mediawiki. I love having a single place to
> edit the site, guarded by permissions for stuff like the frontpage. How
> easy to maintain is it when we want to upgrade mediawiki?

  Looks nice indeed !

  A bit of feedback too:

> Haven't checked it in-depth yet but I'm wondering if the search should
> be promoted to the top navigation.

  Seconded, even if the new site makes a better use of today's large
screens, the search is currently always hidden until one scrolls down

  The vertical spacing between 2 paragraphs or bulleted items looks a
tad bit too large to my eye compared to the spacing between lines.

  The top page and the Download page don't even tell what licence
is applicable, IMHO that crucial information should be presented to
the user between the time it hits the home page and the time he's told
how to install it on Fedora 17.

   thanks !

Daniel