[Engine-devel] libosinfo integration

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Mon Sep 24 20:01:08 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

Well, you can call me old fashioned...

But I don't think that any none critical task should be run out of process of the production component.

It is not GObject layer I am afraid of, it is what it eventually runs.

I believe that the data provided by libosinfo is not vital for our runtime, no problem in fetching it before start.

And again, I don't think data provider should be language binding... this concept alone is making me scared, as instead of using well defined data container people will start to use mesh of components... I don't see how you can stabilize an application this way.

For the native library that you use "every day", I don't know what you referring to, I've done lsof of engine and saw no exception... which other native library we use these days?