Question about hardware system information

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Tue Jul 16 10:32:34 UTC 2013

On 07/15/2013 10:09 PM, Gustavo Frederico Temple Pedrosa wrote:
> Yes, it does.
>
> It is necessary changes in the VDSM, in the database, in the entities,
> in the SDK and in the UI (SubTabHostHardwareView).

the list for ppc as i understand it is:
- Examples:
     System Id: IBM,0310050AA (/proc/device-tree/system-id)
     Platform: pSeries (/proc/cpuinfo)
     Model: IBM,8246-L2D (/proc/cpuinfo)
     Machine: CHRP IBM,8246-L2D (/proc/cpuinfo)

this seems close enough to what we already have: Manufacturer, Product
Name, UUID, Version, Serial Number and Family

is there no easy way to map these?