What the new gerrit hoks will do

David Caro dcaroest at redhat.com
Tue Jul 30 19:02:46 UTC 2013

Hi all!

As promised here's an explanation of what the hooks will take care of:

When a patch is submitted:
  If the commit message has Bug-Url tag:
    - for each Bug-Url:
      * Check that the bug is public
      * Add an external tracker to the patch if not there already
      * Move the bug status to POST
    - Report back the result of all the previous actions
    - Review with +1 if the bug was public, -1 if it was private

When a comment is added:
  If the "Rerun-Hooks: all" line was added:
    - Rerun all the hooks that ran when the hook was submitted

When a patch is submitted:
  If the commit message has Bug-Url:
    - For each Bug-Url:
      * Check if the product for the bug is correct
      * If it was, move the bug status to MODIFIED

Keep in mind that this is a first step towards automation of the whole
process.

Also, as always any input, ideas, or even complaints are welcome :)

pd. Yes I will add this and more info to the wiki as soon as I have some
spare time to do it.

--
David Caro

Red Hat Czech s.r.o.