ovirt-engine build failure

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Tue Feb 18 17:33:50 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Hm, first I'd like to consult this with Alon, in Makefile we have:

  DEV_EXTRA_BUILD_FLAGS_GWT_DEFAULTS=-Dgwt.userAgent=gecko1_8

which means "compile GWT UI for Firefox (only) by default". This
is effective only for development builds.

For non-development builds, I don't think we set "gwt.userAgent"
property at all.

What we should do (I think) is something like this:

  # By default, non-development builds will have
  # GWT UI compiled for all supported browsers:
  #     IE8, IE9, Firefox (Gecko), Safari/Chrome, Opera
  BUILD_GWT_USERAGENT=ie8,ie9,gecko1_8,safari,opera

  # Apply change to BUILD_FLAGS
  BUILD_FLAGS:=$(BUILD_FLAGS) -D gwt.userAgent=$(BUILD_GWT_USERAGENT)

Note that BUILD_GWT_USERAGENT excludes "ie6" (IE6-7) permutation,
as we don't support IE6-7.

Alon, does ^^ make sense to you?

Quick workaround:

  EXTRA_BUILD_FLAGS='-Dgwt.userAgent=ie8,ie9,gecko1_8,safari,opera'

(above option should be passed to "make" command)

> > * maybe set "-Dgwt.compiler.localWorkers=..." to #_of_logical_CPUs
> > available on that host
> >   Higher value means faster compilation but can increase memory usage
> >   (until we move away from JVM-based worker processes)
>
> We set it to 1 due to excessive memory usage. Without that, we run out of
> memory.

I see, please discard my suggestion regarding localWorkers for now.