Policy for applying copyright notices

Carl Trieloff cctrieloff at redhat.com
Tue Oct 18 17:35:36 UTC 2011

I would like to add to the site some text around applying the copyright
statement per the license text as per http://www.ovirt.org/about/licensing/

In the piece at the top of the license, there is a section

"Copyright [yyyy] [name of copyright owner]"

Based on some discussion reading the source to be opened for the
workshop, I believe we should use the following general rule for the
projects. The author of the file applies his organization or themselves
as the copyright owner, and then any additions / modifications can be
determined from the GIT history.

Maybe better I just create a guide for any incubating project, I'll post
it for comment.

Carl.