[RFC] Moving project planning meeting to IRC

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Wed Oct 19 12:33:21 UTC 2011

On 10/12/2011 07:11 AM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> This came up in today's project planning meeting.  How do folks feel
> about moving the project planning and future board meetings to IRC?
>
> The advantage of IRC meetings are that the full meeting minutes can be
> posted in a public archive.  It's significantly easier for many folks
> to participate in IRC meetings.
>
> I think the only downside would be if anyone involved is uncomfortable
> with using IRC.  Using IRC for regular meetings certainly doesn't
> preclude having occasional phone calls if necessary.
>
> Regards,
>
> Anthony Liguori

Since we've had this discussion over the past week, I've added it to
today's sync call agenda. It seems like we have a number of people in
favor of the idea, but I figured it's probably best to continue with the
call for this week, and come to a solid, announced conclusion/decision,
before shifting to IRC (if in fact that is what's agreed-upon.)

We should also double check to make sure everyone on the call is
familiar with IRC, and get a bot in #ovirt (or #ovirt-meeting) if
necessary. (Though, IMO, it's helpful to have a bot in channel,
regardless - it's nice to be able to capture spontaneous discussions
with meetbot.)

-Robyn