[VOTE] Include Nomad into the oVirt Incubator

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Thu Oct 27 18:10:06 UTC 2011

sorry i am late to this, but workshop preparations took their toll this
week.

unlike rhev-m 2.2 which required a windows client, ovirt has a full web
admin based on GWT (which should work on tablets as well)

I do see a place for a UI designed more for smartphones.
I am not sure if technology (and effort) wise it will be better to
develop it separately over the REST API, or improve the ovirt web admin
and user portal to render/look better for smaller screens.

I want to be clear i am not against Nomad, but i recommend Nomad to
review the web admin and user portal ovirt has to see if a
"smartphone/tablet" mode for it wouldn't be much easier to do.

for example, the user portal and web admin share the same "UI Common"
logic code for the parts shared for them.

maybe creating another view layer on top of the same UI logic (rather
than on the REST API) would make more sense.

I'd also check if tablets are still an issue with the web admin - apart
from maybe adjusting to a little bit lower resolution, it should work as is.

I think understanding if/how the flows and look and feel are different
for this use case would be important to understand this.

would love to see some discussion on this next week.

Thanks,
    Itamar