Promoting oVirt: Workshops & More

Leslie Hawthorn lhawthor at redhat.com
Wed Jul 25 15:20:36 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share some updates on upcoming oVirt workshops and overall
promotion of oVirt with the Board. We're already at 50 workshop
registrations for LinuxCon North America [0], and that's with ~25% of
overall conference registrations completed. I can see us doubling that
number in the coming weeks with some additional promotion efforts from
all of us.

I'd like to ask for help from all of the Board member companies to
promote the workshops and the 3.1 release. The Open Virtualization
Alliance (OVA) will be promoting both upcoming workshops and oVirt 3.1
via their website, mailing list and social media channels. Our
colleagues at IBM have also graciously agreed to promote the 3.1 release
via their social media channels and newsletter. If any board member
companies would like boilerplate text that can be adapted by their PR
teams, I'll be happy to send it along.

Obviously, we'll need to hold on promoting the 3.1 release based on the
results of today's go/no go meeting, but I'd love for folks to being
promoting the workshops now.

Last but not least, we'd like to add additional seats to the workshops
at LinuxCon North America and for KVM Forum + oVirt at LinuxCon Europe.
We'd like to raise $5,500 for LCNA, which would allow us to double the
number of free registrants to 100. For KVM Forum + oVirt at LinuxCon
Europe, we're looking to raise $38,500 to allow for free registration
for 150 attendees at the event. Traditionally, KVM Forum has not been
cost free for attendees, so our sponsorship will definitely generate
kudos for the sponsors. Workshops include free lunch for the attendees
and a $200 discount on their LinuxCon conference registration for both
North America and Europe.

For those board companies interested in sponsoring upcoming workshops,
let me know and I can work with you to make arrangements with the Linux
Foundation. Other workshop sponsors will be listed on the appropriate
Linux Foundation event site(s) for each workshop and we can work with
the LF to promote additional sponsors in their attendee email blasts
leading up the conferences. Other sponsor benefits can no doubt be
negotiated depending on your needs.

Any questions, let me know. Thank you in advance for your help in
promoting oVirt!

[0] - http://wiki.ovirt.org/wiki/OVirt_Global_Workshops

Cheers,
LH